Photo Credit: William Rosen

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Franklin Noon Rotary Banquet and the Greeley Independence Stampede!


On Wednesday, June 30, I had the honor of attending the Franklin Noon Rotary Banquet, in Franklin, Tennessee. A great time was had by all, including me! The Franklin Noon Rotary Club is one of my biggest supporters and host of the annual Franklin PRCA Rodeo. The food and company was outstanding and I had the opportunity to make some new friends. My new friend, Gavin Moon was installed as President of the Rotary Club. Gavin is a lot of fun and will make a great President! Thank you all for having me as your special guest!

Way too early the next morning, I headed off to the airport on my way to Greeley, Colorado, to attend the Miss Rodeo Colorado Coronation and to join in the fun at the Greeley Independence Stampede! What a blast! I had some flight issues getting there but arrived just in time Thursday for the “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” night of the rodeo performance. The next day saw me up bright and early to get ready for brunch, with the 2011 Miss Rodeo Colorado Contestants. Colorado is one of the States that has a “Lady in Waiting,“ meaning the young woman chosen, Miss Kelsey Purdy, will hold the title in 2011. She will have the opportunity to go to Vegas with current 2010 Queen, Kasie Pigg and enjoy the festivities while learning her role as future reining Queen. The brunch was great! I enjoyed the food and fellowship while meeting all the contestants. Then it was off to the rodeo grounds for another performance. While at the rodeo I met Mr. Bennie Beulter, a long time stock contractor and 2010 Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame inductee! I’m excited that I will get to see that happen as I will be in attendance for the induction ceremony, later this month!! The days performance was a blast! Next we’re off to the Coronation Ceremony. There was a great fashion show put on by the contestants, a fun dance routine and questions! Then….drum roll please….the crowning. CONGRATULATIONS Miss Kelsey Purdy! What a sweet, competent queen she will be! That brings us to Saturday and the biggest parade I have ever seen….small town girl here. I’m used to one fire truck, a politician and the local boy scout troop. This parade felt like it was the size of the entire state of Colorado, and I believe every person living in Colorado was there! My cheeks hurt from smiling for so long and my waving arm definitely got a work out! After the parade it was back to the rodeo grounds for another fun performance which brought an end to my visit. I was off to the airport to catch the red eye home! Yawn! Again (and I must say “probably the best part of being MRT) I made many new friends! The current Miss Rodeo Colorado, Kasie Pigg, was very sweet and I am excited I get to see her again in a few weeks! I also visited and had fun with, Miss Rachel Kelderman, Rachel is the 2010 NFPB Queen (National Federation of Bull Riders.) Thank you to Miss Rodeo Colorado and The Greeley Independence Stampede for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of so much fun! A special thank you to Nyla Bristow for the super hospitality! I am excited to visit again! I will post some pictures from Greeley, very soon! I did indeed have a wonderful time celebrating our nations Independence. Thank you to ALL of our service men and women who make that possible. A great big thank you to my brother, Nicoda Joe (that's him above, just returning from Afghanistan) and my cousin Justin for loving me enough to keep me safe! Next stop: Savannah, Tennessee for the PRCA rodeo! See ya’ll there!

1 comment:

  1. Breezy- I was just checking out your blog and looking at all your pictures, looks like you're having a blast! That is so exciting and I'm so happy for you! Good luck with Miss Rodeo America. I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete