Photo Credit: William Rosen

Monday, February 14, 2011

Whew... What a ride...

 Hello everyone! I must apologize for taking so long to update my blog! I have so much to catch you up on, so let’s just jump right in! 


Flowers, from my Aunt Debbie



In November, I was able to go to Davie, Florida for the Southeastern Circuit Finals! I had a great time with some of the “other” queens! Miss Rodeo Florida, Heather Hall, got chauffer duty picking up Miss Rodeo Arkansa, Synda Lockard and me, in Orlando. We were hosted by Heather’s family for the night and had a wonderful visit with her parents and each other. The next morning, we were on a road trip to Davie! We had a great time riding in the grand entry, visiting with fans and friends and helping with the award ceremonies! Mrs. Hall treated us to lunch at a little restaurant on the water. We ate well, enjoyed the sun and fed the fish! Thank you, Mrs. Hall for your hospitality. You truly made the trip special!

Me, Synda, and Heather at the Circuit Finals
 Next up, my VEGAS Kick Off Party! The party was hosted by Kelly Azevedo, in Franklin, Tennessee. We ate some good food provided by Shane’s Rib Shack, listened to some good music by some of our very own local boys, from Bethel University, had a silent auction and I modeled some of the clothing I would be wearing in Vegas and I gave my Vegas speech. I want to thank everyone who attended and supported me! Your support has meant so much to me, this year! Thank you as well, to everyone who donated door prizes and items to the auction!

Me, David, and Chels at my Kick off party

Me and the BEST mom ever!
Finally, the time has come to go to Las Vegas for the Miss Rodeo America Pageant! What a packing nightmare! Thankfully my Momma works for the airlines so we were able to check LOTS of bags! We had to ship many boxes, as well. We sent them to my sister’s in Los Angeles because we were nervous that the hotel might misplace them! The day before Thanksgiving Momma, Daddy Joe and I, flew out to LA and enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with sister Rayne and her husband Scott. The next day, we loaded up her car and headed to Las Vegas. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies going down the road! We had so much stuff packed in that little car! We got to Vegas just as my brother and my best friends flight landed! We dumped the stuff at the hotel, picked up Nicoda and Bethey, then back to unpack! Yikes! What a job! The next day was a free day for me, so the family and I went to see Las Vegas. We had a great time! Sunday was check in so we once again had to move all my “stuff” to my new room. All of us girls had a room mate (they were chosen alphabetically) and mine was Miss Rodeo South Dakota, MaKenzie Haley. It would take 200 pages to give you a daily list of everything we did so I’ll go for the abbreviated version! When we checked in they made us hand over our cell phones and computers. Ugggg! Hardest thing I ever did! LOL! From then on, we had very little contact with family and friends. We were able to visit them at certain events, or wave at them across the room but that was about it! We had to be up bright and early everyday for a very full schedule, that included rehearsals that ended pretty late at night. The competition included; horsemanship, modeling, interviews, speech, impromptu questions, lunches, dinners, breakfasts, media interviews, photogenic…I get tired again just thinking about it! The MRA folks did a great job! The productions were all Vegas style shows and so much fun! We had magicians and animals, singers and dancers! I was very impressed with all they put into it!

 Even my fashion diva sister, Rayne, was totally impressed with our fashion show! I’m not much of a dancer but I got my feet to cooperate with the rest of me and pulled it off! I didn’t win the Pageant but I did win an amazing experience, memories that will last a life time and some wonderful new friends!

My sister, Rayne, and I after the fashion show at the Miss Rodeo America Pageant

 I am proud to say that my room mate, MaKenzie Haley, was crowned Miss Rodeo American 2011! She will do a wonderful job representing Professional Rodeo, this year! I can’t wait to see her again in Tennessee! I need to thank a some people for their support, in Vegas. Momma for all her hard work, Daddy Joe for all the sacrifices he made so I could go, Kelly and Manny Azevedo for ALL they did, and continue to do for me - My sister, Rayne, brother Nicoda, friend Bethey, friend Chelsea and Gramma Barb, for coming to Las Vegas and cheering me on!

I was very excited my Grandma Barb got to come!

 Dad Joe and Barb are from South Dakota so, if I couldn’t win the title, they were glad a South Dakota girl took it! All the girls did a great job representing their states and I am proud to call them ALL my friends! My reign as Miss Rodeo Tennessee, will continue through May. There is still a lot to do! I will do my best to keep you updated!


My Dad and I at after the Fashion Show at MRA
 
Bethey and I at the Kick Off Party

My Grandma Barb, Momma, Dad, and Sister at Cowboy Christmas at the Miss Rodeo America Pageant


No comments:

Post a Comment